Emilia was flabbergasted. "Dragon School?!?!" "I know its a lot," Said auntie Moria, "and we wont make you go if you don't want to, but this is what you've been dreaming about since you were little!" It was true. Emilia LOVED dragons. She had countless hand drawn sketches of them on her walls, went out every week to buy Philo dragon treats with her allowance, and was made fun of at school for her obsessive talk about dragons and doodling them in class. Em had wanted to go to the Julinian School of Dragons ever since she found out it existed. Seven years ago, town hall went up in flames. Everyone panicked, no one could put the massive fire out. Until the dragon rider came. She flew down from the sky like a rocket on the back of a beautiful, massive sea dragon. The dragon flapped her mighty wings, so gusts of powerful wind pushed the fire away from the houses. At the same time the rider gave the command for the dragon to shoot an almighty stream of water at the fire. the flames eventually went out and the town was saved. On that day six-year-old Emilia had said to her aunt, as the town watched the dragon and rider fly away, "Auntie Moria, I want to be a dragon rider just her and help people to!" Her aunt had replied, "That's fine. Just remember, no matter what you choose to do in life, to follow your heart." then she took Em by the hand, and they went home for dinner. Now, at present day, thirteen-year-old Emilia was weighing the choice of whether or not to pursue her dream and do what she had wanted to do since she was six years old. Emilia took a deep breath. She didn't think she was ready. Masses of Voran children were invited to the Julilnian every year. It was common to be invited, but incredibly rare to pass the dragon tests. The dragon tests determined whether you became a protecter of the realm or an everyday Voran citizen. No one outside the school really knew what the dragon tests were specifically, but everyone knew that they were difficult and potentially dangerous. "Well," said Uncle Jak, "are you going to accept?" "Can I think on it for a minute?" And without waiting for an answer Emilia went out the back door. As soon as the door shut behind her, she started running. She ran and ran and ran until she collapsed in a field east of the house, that was filled with daisies. She was breathing fast and hard. She thought, "What if I fail? What if I flunk it the first day? What if I'm not ready? What if-" "What if you don't take the chance to do what you have wanted to have your entire life, and pass up the invitation to something that could turn into something else even better than you ever dreamed it could be?" Aunt Moira eased herself down next to Emilia. "You talk to yourself." She informed her. Philo bounded up behind her aunt and started licking Emilia's face until the few tears that had escaped her eyes were wiped away. "Thanks Philo," she said and hugged him around the neck. "I think your right, Aunt Moria, I'll accept the Invitation. It might be awful, I might fail, but I'll know that I at least tried to pursue my dream." "Good." Said aunt Moria, and she took Emilia by the hand, helped her up and they walked back towards the house together, with Philo following at their heels.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Prologe: Tyra
Prologue A little girl flew. The hilltops were the best place for flying, in her opinion. Of course she didn't just rise off the ...
Most Popular Posts
-
Once upon a time, there was a land called Vora, a girl named Emilia Aldermere, and a town called a Lenora. Lenora was a small town in nort...
-
Emilia was flabbergasted. "Dragon School?!?!" "I know its a lot," Said auntie Moria, "and we wont make you go if y...
-
Prologue A little girl flew. The hilltops were the best place for flying, in her opinion. Of course she didn't just rise off the ...
No comments:
Post a Comment